Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Market Letter

Officially all the major market indexes are now in confirmed rallies.Today we finally got another powerful day in the market confirmed byvolume. I know I was cautious the other day, but the first rule inthe market is to always protect your capital. At this point I'm evenmore convinced that my original call was correct that we have seen abottom and the market will continue to move higher. If you haven'tparticipated in this rally to this point, I would recommend you begin.By the time things become obvious that is usually the end of the move.

I found something very interesting while doing my research the lasttwo days. Retail and hotel/motel REITs, retailers, and other consumercompanies are either at or near 52 weeks highs. If the economy isdoing so poorly why are these stocks moving higher. Is it possiblethat the market is signaling better times ahead as it usually does?I'd say yes. As long as there is a Republican President the mediawill continue to try and convince you that the economy is heading intorecession. But the market knows better.

Don't let your opinions keep you on the sidelines. If this marketweakens for some reason, I'll let you know. For now, do your researchand get involved. But don't take my word for it, just look at theprice volume action of the market, especially the NASDAQ, which isleading index at this point.

Remember, always protect your capital first.

No comments: